Summary: Panasonic AG-HPX500 may have provided you an amazing experience of shooting images and videos. But the regret is that you cannot use FCP X to edit it directly
because of the different file formats. Do not be upset any more, below article will show you the solution about how to transcode Panasonic AG-HPX500 P2 MXF to FCP X compatible
Good news! Summer holidays are coming! It's a time for taking a break from work and relaxing. And now you can enjoy your colorful summer time with good featured products at "Pavtube Summer Holiday Sale Round 2". At this Summer Sales Special Offer, Pavtube Studio is offerring free or up to 50% off on excellent video tools ! Go ahead and click the link to get your coupon. Expires on August 31, 2013. Time-Limitted! Never miss!!!
Panasonic AG-HPX500 is a shoulder-mounted P2 HD camcorder, which is equipped with its high definition resolutions including 1080i, 720p and records in DVCPRO, DVCPRO50, DVCPRO HD formats. More and more people are fond of using it to shoot videos for memorable records.
However, if you wanna use FCP X to do some further edit, something frustrating happens. Panasonic AG-HPX500 generates P2 MXF files while the most suitable format to FCP X is Apple ProRes. So the generated P2 MXF files can't be edited directly on FCP X. To solve this problem, you need to encode Panasonic AG-HPX500 P2 MXF to FCP X supported formats - Apple ProRes.
There is an easy-to-use Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac, which support to output Apple PreRes/DVCPRO/HDV/Avid DNxHD/AIC. Meanwhile, Besides FCP X, it can turn MXF files into editable footage in iMovie, FCE, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Studio, etc. What's more, merging several videos into one file will bring you a different experience.
Let's try the trial version before purchase. Pls pay attention to your Operating System.
If it is Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8) or higher OS, pls try PKG version.
If it is Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) or lower OS, pls try DMG version. Maybe you're still a little confused about how to transcode Panasonic AG-HPX500 P2 MXF to FCP X with MXF Converter for Mac, the following guide will show you details.
First of all, there is no doubt that you should download and install MXF Converter for Mac.
1. Launch it and load original files. You are allows to input several videos and convert them at the same time. Besides, "Merge into one file" also allows merge several videos into one file.
2. Click "Format" menu to find suitable format for FCP X, Apple ProRes 422(*.mov) is recommended and it is the best suitable format for FCP.
3. Click "Settings" option you can change parameters to optimize output videos, such as bitrate, size, frame rate, etc
In addition, you can also do simple edit to personalize output videos, such as trim, crop, effect, etc
4. Start converting Panasonic AG-HPX500 P2 MXF to ProRes 422 MOV by clicking "Convert" button and then click "Open" button to find the output file for importing to FCP X.
Now, open up Final Cut Pro X, choose File > Import > Files…to select and load the generated ProRes 422 MOV files to FCP X for editing use.
How to import video files and projects into Final Cut Pro X
Learn more about encoding MXF files from Panasonic P2 camcorders, Sony XDCAM camcorders, Canon XF and C300/C500 camcorders on Windows or Mac, please view our MXF Column, Panasonic Column, Sony Column and Canon Column.
Hope this article helps you to solve any material exchange format (MXF) conversion issues. If you like, please share to those who have the same problem. Thank you for reading.
1. If your MXF files have 2 audio tracks or more, here is a new program specially designed for multi-track preserving and mixing features, named iMixMXF. Featured formats include: MOV/MP4/MPG/WMV/FLV/MKV and more.
2. If you want to convert more videos in different formats, you could try iMedia Converter for Mac, which is capable of converting both various HD videos and latest DVD and Blu-ray on Mac(Mavericks and Mountain Lion included). You are also allowed to 1:1 backup the whole discs or copy BD/DVD main movie for further playback or editing. 20% discount will be provided if you get it during the time of Summer Sale Round 2. Just give a try.
Import Panasonic AG-HPX600 P2 MXF footage to FCP
Panasonic AG-HPX170/HPX171 P2 MXF to iMovie/FCE
Transcode Panasonic AG-HPX250 P2 MXF to Avid
AG-HVX200 P2 MXF to FCP Converter
Convert Panasonic HVX200 MXF to iMovie
Edit Panasonic AG-HVX200 P2 MXF in Avid Media Composer
Does Final Cut Pro X support Panasonic HPX2100 P2 mxf
Premiere Pro and Panasonic P2 MXF Workflow
Import Panasonic HPX3100 P2 MXF to Avid Media Composer
Never miss Pavtube Summer Promotion Round 2 and Click Pavtube Special Offer page to get more discount:
ByteCopy($42) + Video Converter Ultimate($65) = only $80 Save $27
Chewtune($29) + Video Converter Ultimate($65) = only $75 Save $19
ByteCopy($42) + MXF MultiMixer($45) = only $70 Save $17
Video Converter Ultimate($65) + DVD Creator($35) = only $65 Save $35
Source: Mac MXF to FCP-Load Panasonic AG-HPX500 P2 AVC Intra MXF in FCP
I am "techaholic" who always have passions on the latest and hottest consumer eletrics. And I wanna share my experiences and reviews about these tech gadgets on my blog.